Are you looking for a way to download Twitter video? Do you need it, for example, for your YouTube channel? Or maybe because you want to copy content from Twitter to share it on your blog on Facebook or Instagram. Well, if the answer is yes, then you are at the right place.
I have done some research regarding this topic and found some methods that will work to download your videos. It is not as difficult as it seems.
After Twitter rolled out an update for Twitter Video file size, now people can share longer videos from the app itself. This update provided many benefits for users who are willing to share longer videos.
It also provides more options for advertisers. The duration of these videos was 120 seconds before the update and it has increased to 2 minutes and 20 seconds after the update.
Twitter has made it easy to watch videos and just as easy to download them.
However, some users may not be aware that you can save these videos either on your iPhone, Android phone, or on your computer.
Here’s a quick overview of this article on how to download Twitter videos to your:
- Android phone with an app
- Android phone without an app
- iOS phone
- Computer via a Chrome extension
In this article, I am going to walk you through the steps for downloading a Twitter video.
How to download Twitter videos on Android with an app
If you use Android smartphones and would like to download Twitter videos, you will need to download an app called “Download Twitter Videos” on your device.
With over 7M downloads on the play store, this app can help you download Twitter videos so you can save them on your SD card or your gallery.
Follow these simple steps to achieve this:
- On your mobile device, open up the Twitter app and select the tweet containing the video you want to save
- Click Share. Select Copy Link to copy the link of the video
- Launch your Download Twitter Video app
- Paste the link you copied on the app
- Click on the Download button
- You will be able to download your video to your SD card.
After following these steps, the video will be downloaded automatically to your gallery. You can choose to watch the video via the Twitter video app, or you can watch it directly from your phone gallery.
How to download Twitter videos on Android without an app
You can as well download Twitter videos without an app. Some apps have been developed to work on various devices like android, iOS, windows, and so on. To do this, visit the downloadtwittervideo.com website. This is relatively easy as long as you have steady wifi.
Follow these steps to achieve this:
- On your mobile device, launch Twitter and go to the video you wish to download
- To copy a link, click Share then Copy Link
- After that, open your browser
- Type downloadtwittervideo.com into the search bar
- Then, paste the copied Twitter link into it
- Click Download MP4 to download the video
- After doing all this, your video will start downloading
The video will be automatically converted and downloaded to your device’s SD card or internal storage.
How to download Twitter videos on iOS
Downloading Twitter videos on iOS is a piece of cake as long as you do it the right way. After you learn what to do, getting them from your timeline and into your Camera Roll is quick and easy.
If you are using an iPhone, download My Media App or Documents by Readle since they will both make it easy to download the videos.
- If you want to download the video, go to the tweet in the Twitter app on your mobile device
- To copy the link, choose Share and click Copy Link
- Open My media or Documents by Readle
- If you click and hold the browser icon at the bottom right corner, you’ll be redirected to the in-app browser
- You can access TwittervideoDownloader.com by typing it into the address bar
- You can paste your copied Tweet Url there
- Click the Download button. You’ll be taken to a new download link
- Click on the Download file and rename the video. Downloaded videos will be stored only within the app
- If you want to have the video on your phone memory, open the app and then click on the video
- Click Save to Camera Roll
You will then have a copy of your video on your iPhone.
How to download Twitter DM video using Chrome Extension
Here is how to download Twitter direct message (DM) videos with Chrome extension:
- Launch the Chrome browser
- Search for an Extension called Video Downloader Professional
- Click on the Add to Chrome button to add it to your Chrome browser
- Open the Twitter app on your browser and search for video in the Download manager
- You will see the notification pop up in Video Downloader Professional Extension after you play the video
- On clicking on the extension, you will now be given the option to download the video in a variety of file sizes
- All videos will be downloaded automatically once you tap one of the files.
How safe is a Twitter video downloader?
It is safe and secure, as it downloads videos directly from Twitter CDN servers.
I want to copy my Twitter link, how do I do it?
You can copy the link in Twitter for Android or Twitter for iOS by clicking the share icon (on iOS or Android). Your clipboard should now contain the URL.
Why is Twitter not on the app store?
According to Twitter, the company is no longer supporting iOS 11, as well as older versions of Apple’s operating system. As a result, older versions of iOS will not receive Twitter updates until they are updated to iOS 12 or later.
How do I make twitter not lose video quality?
Make sure the Twitter video format is appropriate. It is Twitter’s official recommendation to use MP4 video files.
MOV videos are also supported, but they usually do not provide the best video quality. It may be possible for you to use MOV repair software to help you out if your MOV files cannot be played.
So there you have it. A step-by-step process showing you how to download a video from Twitter. Now that you know how to do this, it’s not hard is it?
I speak from experience when I say that the key to making technology work for you is knowing what exactly is possible before you start.
Armed with this information, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to successfully download a Twitter video in a matter of minutes.