The most beneficial resource in your company is not your office edifice or your warehouse, it’s the individuals who work there. That’s why it makes profitable business sense to look after your staff and help them work at their best. As Richard Branson distinctively once said: “Look after your people and they will look after your customers. It’s that easy”.
Human resource software is designed to help employees and managers perform at their full capacity and is implemented by businesses of all sizes to boost productivity and overall employee satisfaction. Organizations either big or small use the HR software to effectively and optimally manage their employees.
Out there are many kinds of tech companies providing HR solutions. However, it is imperative to work out what will benefit your business the most. If you aren’t sure of taking the plunge to invest in HR software, I implore you to read along and learn the benefits of human resource management systems.
Best HR Software
Is a cloud-based human resources management software solution predominantly for small and medium-scale businesses? It offers easy-to-use automation and service to manage all parts of the employee lifecycle.
With this software, the human resources team or department can improve on hiring process, onboarding of new employees, manage compensation, maintain and analyze employee data, and develop company culture. Using an integrated applicant tracking system and onboarding tools, BambooHR streamlines the whole recruiting process.
- Performance tools
- Applicant and training tracking
- Automated preboarding and onboarding tools
- Self-service portal
- Time & attendance management
- Email integration
- Easy reporting
- Automation devise that is attainable in many languages and numerous currencies
- Simple and inbuilt interface
- Mobile app to run things out of the office
- Customized solution
- Role-based access to data
- Robust reporting features
- Poor in benefits administration features compared to rival solutions
- Lack practical payroll solution for now
- Contact vendor to get a price quote.
- Monthly payment per-staff pricing; must contact BHR for a quote.
An established company that offers cloud-based software as a service to companies for managing their human resources with a particular focus on helping them with health insurance coverage.
Zenefits is designed for startups and small businesses. It provides an incredible set of components, including intuitive administration features and the ability to add on services as needed. In recent developments.
Zenefits has now partnered with Checkr, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet to provide easy access to an effective online background check service. The company has over 11,000 businesses using the software in 35 industries.
- Comprehensive benefits administration
- Business Intelligence (BI) reporting
- Payroll sync
- Hiring & onboarding
- Health insurance enrolment
- Built-in compliance
- Mobile app
- Time and scheduling
- Seamlessly manages all aspects of employee insurance online
- Offers different pricing package.
- Integration of HR, payroll, and insurance
- Exceptional mobile app
- Thorough employee records
- Good user experience
- Can be overwhelming for very small businesses
- Mobile app doesn’t support all admin tasks
Price begins at $8 per user.
3. Cezanne HR
A major cloud-based online HR software is suitable for companies in more than one country. Cezanne HR is a solution software made to support various HR functions for mid-sized and large businesses. The major component of this HR software is its people management module that enables HR to have a centralized employee database.
This software has an organized data that allows users to access and update employee information and historical data. Another module allows HR to work through multiple deployments, manage various working shifts and other scheduling needs.
Cezanne HR has a unified absence management module, calculator for entitlements, and accurate processing of approvals and payroll. It also has a module for keeping performance data, reviews, appraisals, promotion and mitigate risks for unfilled posts that are important to the organizations’ function. In summary, it’s a comprehensive, configurable, and cost-effective HR software system.
- Customizable templates (you pick the modules suitable for your need)
- Global support for multiple languages and various currencies
- Desktop and Mobile Access
- Enclosed workflow
- Universal capabilities
- A smart tool for enhanced productivity
- The most recent features to its solution, include e-signatures, enhanced document management, and the option to schedule reports.
- Handles various functions like personnel files, directories, and organizational charts
- Integrated benefits and payroll
- The main dashboard has a different outlook for managers and employees.
- It can be quite complex to navigate due to its non-intuitive command structure
- Users gave a better rating to other competitors base on experience
- The process of getting things on the software feels quite manual.
- Takes a long time for full integration
Begins at $200 per month
Another solid cloud-based HR software that offers powerful human capital and workforce management solutions to help manage and engage your entire workforce from pre-hire to retire. Kronos Workforce Ready is designed and suitable for small to mid-size businesses to meet their needs regardless of industry.
Its clientele base includes Boba Tea Company, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, and more. It’s budget-friendly and offers a lot of functionality but its broad set of features can make it complex for SMBs to use.
- Benefit administration
- Convenience – mobile app
- Performance management
- Absence management
- Time and attendance records
- Compensation management
- Employee analytics
- Customization and scalability
- It has enterprise-level functionality like performance review, payroll, applicant tracking
- Affordability price
- Clear-cut user levels for system admins, managers, and employees.
- Highly configurable but complicated to use for some
- Smaller companies must through third-party partners
Begins at $6 per employee per month.
A known software that covers your essential HR needs and compliance requirement. It’s a powerful easy-to-use technology that offers HR professionals an overall solution to managing employees from their first day with your company to their last.
This software helps organize your HR efforts and bring all your business data together in one place. Namely is suitable to handle the HR needs of small and mid-size companies. A number of reputable companies using Namely include Workwave Technology, Vita Coco, Bluesnap health to mention a few.
- Built-in ACA reporting
- Employee engagement
- Talent management
- Benefit administration
- Accessible from a mobile app
- Compliance database
- Payroll integration
- Employee onboarding
- Social news feeds
- Goal setting and tracking
- Ease of use as well as its range of customizations
- It’s a comprehensive HR solution designed around the needs of small to mid-size business
- Strong functionality with various customizable features
- Performance templates are configurable
- Time tracking towards jobs and goals
- Expensive for larger businesses
- The level of customizability can add days or even weeks to a company-wide implementation
- The compensation section is limited in tracking salary changes after performance reviews
Per user, per month, starts at $12
A leading cloud-based human capital management and talent management software. This business solution is established on the Software as a Service (SaaS) model. The tool is designed to meet the requirement of enterprise-class organizations, small and mid-size businesses. It also helps to improve business execution for better results.
SAP SuccessFactors has no fewer than 100 million users in more than 200 countries with services translated into 42 languages. Customers include American Airlines, Coca-Cola, Pizza Hut, and Aramex among others.
- Reporting, compliance, and Auditing
- Core HR transactions
- Hiring and onboarding
- Payroll and tax
- HR analytics
- Performance goals and learning management
- Compensation management
- Mobile app
- Very user-friendly – easy to navigate the different platforms.
- End to end business integration tools
- A vast network of partners and support
- Lacks benefits administration
- Expensive compared to other options available
- Long integration period
- Customization is quite difficult
- $8 per user per month or as an annual subscription starting at $85 per staff
- Quote base pricing to all users
This is formed on the Software as a Service (SaaS) and cloud computing model. It’s a multipurpose HR software that covers totally from hire to retire for the most important assets in your company-your employees in the most innovative way.
WebHR serves as a link between human resource management and information technology. This software saves money for businesses and also boosts productivity, it saves space and makes inter and intra-office communications fast, reliable, and more efficient.
This software has been implemented by more than 16,000 companies all over the world. Slack, Google Drive, G Suite, Dropbox, and Asana are some of the popular tools presently integrating with WebHR. Customers include Infiniti, GMC, Chevrolet, Bridgestone, and many more.
- A wide range of management functions and modules (time and attendance, scheduling, payroll, benefits administration, recruitment, document management, hiring and onboarding, performance management, goals tracking, e-signatures)
- Mobile app
- Biometrics availability
- Customizable data fields
- Available in multiple languages
- Payroll can be calculated in tens of languages
- User friendly
- Mobile app
- Internationally oriented
- Settings allow restricted access to some IP addresses
- Offers most features that a small to mid-size business needs to manage and track employees.
- Built-in messenger for individual/group messaging
- Free service for small businesses with 5 staff or less.
- Easy to set up
- Limited choice of built-in templates
- Free versions features are limited
- Support is slow
- User interface changes needed
- Starts at $2.00 per month, per month for 10 employees.
What are the benefits of the best HR Software?
The most apparent benefit HR software can provide is in the sphere of performance. Implementing HR software can automate enormous HR tasks, most notably payroll and benefits administration.
This will allow both the managers and employees to save time by allowing them to work more efficiently and effectively while reducing oversight and focusing on other issues like attracting new hires, employee training, and development strategies.
Gone are the times the HR role was seen as a mere admin function, presently HR takes a more strategic approach to decision making and therefore needs the right metrics tools that allow you to gather and analyze accurately and efficiently issues such as turnover rate and hiring costs.
So, businesses must continuously evaluate information and devise strategies based on their own details and their competition.
By implementing HR software in your business you’re giving yourself diverse tools that can be used to formulate business blueprints. If you desire a successful business, HR software is necessary!
Whether large, small, or medium scale business they must all comply with a number of state and federal laws, while managing the information of your employees can be tricky HR software provides easy methods for managing all aspects of your business including compliance-related information like labor law, taxation, insurance, health, and safety training, etc. In essence, HR software can keep you on the right side of the law.
Employees’ errors can lead to serious complications both financial and legal. Acquiring HR software for businesses reduces the amount of error to its lowest ebb. It helps to automate the most common processes such as payroll information, and the automation HR software provides helps keep everything working properly.
High-speed evolution in consumer technology means employees expect far more from the digital tools and services their employers provide. If you’re used to using your mobile for everything from booking your vacation tour to ordering a new pair of shoes, you’d expect to be able to do the same for viewing your benefits – and certainly not have to send a form to HR, for instance.
Simple-to-use, well-designed HR software can change your employees’ perceptions of your HR department, from regarding it as an outdated or ‘archaic function to seeing it as one that is forward-thinking and strategically relevant.
Most companies have implemented the use of HR software in their workplace for many reasons. This software can handle numerous tasks including payroll, benefits, attendance information, performance management, and much more.
HR software is one of the most valuable investments you can plunge your business resource into if you aspire to move your business to the next level.
Features to look for in best HR software
HR managers understand that HR software is their bosom buddy. Attempting to do everything manually isn’t recommended, it can impede business growth. By choosing software, you get different benefits.
However, choosing HR software can be a herculean task but there are loads of things you need to consider. Listed below are the top ten features you should consider before investing in any HR software.
Payroll & tax
One major feature you need to look out for is whether or not the software can deal with payroll and taxes. Can you extensively blend your tax filing operation into the system? Payroll is one of the crucial features your software should have.
Another quality feature to look for is whether or not the HR software has email reminders. These can be used to inform staff of forthcoming events or unexplained absences. It’s a small feature, but can be very effective for your company.
Training & support
HR software allows comprehensive training for all users. Can employees of different levels log on and be given the training needed? This is important for your software as you need your employees to be able to use it.
Also, consider the support options made available to you. Is there a support service in place to assist you in case something goes wrong with the software? If the answer to this is affirmative, congrats, you’ve got good software within reach.
Tracking your employee absences can be a herculean task. It makes the whole process less complicated if you use software to do this. Ensure the HR software you’re purchasing has an absence management system built-in.
Aside from this, it can be advantageous if there’s attendance software in there too. This can help you monitor your employees and ensure everyone is at their work desk when they should be.
Good reporting proficiency
Another feature to pay attention to is whether or not it has good reporting capacity. The software should be able to produce some reports customized to your demand. You should focus on how explicit these reports are and how fast it takes for them to be generated.
Each HR software needs to make plans and arrangements to create schedules. This is to plan employee shifts and meetings, etc. It can help enhance performance if you do this via software and not manually.
And, it keeps your company more put in order than it otherwise would be. Moreover, if it has email reminders (as touched on earlier) then you can email your staff their shifts for the week.
Personally, one of the main features to look out for is how swift the software is. If it’s slow, then this can slack off your company. You need software that’s fast and can run on any computer. The quicker your software is, the minimal time you expend waiting for things to load, and you can be more systematic with your work.
Employee progress tracking
Another important thing to check for is if the software has employee tracking sync. This can let you oversee the progress of all your employees. You’re able to see their progress and if they’re working to a high standard.
This can help you move your company onward by accelerating the skillful workers that are ahead of others. In addition, it lets you see who’s less productive in the team and needs extra motivation.
Built for the future
It’s imperative that your HR software is built for the future. Is the tech able to keep up with present-day advancements and trends? Or, will it become outmoded and you would need to find another current and upgraded software.
For me, I consistently lookout for HR software that’s built for the future. In the long run, it can save you money and stress of changing between different software. Besides, ensure the software is adaptable for future growth. So, if your company becomes larger, it can pick up the additional data.
Flexibility is an essential feature that all HR software requires. Is it possible to use software across many devices? This is a major challenge with a lot of software out there. It limits you to one device, which isn’t very practicable.
Having flexible software, you can access it wherever you are, using your mobile or tablet. It’s very advantageous and can make your business far more efficient and productive.
Provided you can mark everything off this list, then you’re guaranteed to find the best HR software around!
A good HR software should be designed with flexibility in mind, to enable it to expand with your business. You can add more features as you need them, modify workflows, and grow employees record capacity, that will enhance your overall business growth.
The size, budget, and needs of your business will determine the software to settle for. However, for small and medium scale businesses, here are the top 7 HR software solutions.
Regardless of your business size (small, medium scale, or a multinational company), nearly all organizations will benefit from having tailored HR management software that will be beneficial in day-to-day HR tasks and related activities.
A company that aims at speedy growth should invest in one. The best HR software help saves money, reduce paperwork and help HR managers make better decisions.